HOW TO GET INTO A CHEST ZIP WETSUIT?
If you are interested in water sports then you might be searching for the right wetsuit for you. You can find various entry types of wetsuits in the market including wetsuits with zip on the back, zip on the chest, and zip free wetsuits. Each type has its own pros and cons. In this write-up, we are going to discuss how to get into a chest zip wetsuit. But before discussing the ways to get into a wetsuit with zip on the chest you must know what a chest zip wetsuit is and how it is different from a back zip wetsuit.
What Is a Chest Zip Wetsuit?
The wetsuit that has a zipper in front of its chest part is known as a chest zip wetsuit. A zip on the wetsuit plays a great role in maintaining the temperature of your body while enjoying water sports in cold water. The zip in the front of the wetsuit helps in maintaining the insulating properties of the wetsuit as the zip on the chest does not allow the water to rush into it. Moreover, once you master the skills, it makes it easier to get into the wetsuit as the zip on the chest can be operated easily.
Chest Zip vs. Back Zip Wetsuits
While comparing these two entry types, it is necessary to understand that both of them have their pros and cons. Let us discuss their advantages and disadvantages to find the better one.
Pros of Chest Zip Wetsuit over Back Zip Wetsuit
- A wetsuit with a zip on the chest is not easy to have water rush into it while water is prone to flush in through the neck of a back zip.
- It is easier to operate the zip in the front while getting into or putting off than the zipper on the back. You do not need anybody to help you pull the zipper up and down.
- A single piece of neoprene is used to make the back of chest zip wetsuits but in back zip wetsuits there are minimum two sections. It makes front zip wet suits more flexible and maneuverable than back zips.
- No Velcro is required under the neck section of the front zip wetsuit but in back zip wetsuit it is necessary which can irritate the neck.
- If you have long hair then back zip wetsuit catch your hair while closing it whereas it is not possible in front zip wetsuit.
Pros of Back Zip Wetsuit over Front Zip Wetsuit
- It is easier to put on back zip wetsuit than front zip wetsuit due to the larger space to enter into it.
- Back zip wetsuit provides more room around the shoulders than front zip wetsuit which makes it easier to move your shoulders during water sports.
- The Velcro around the neck of the back zip wetsuit allows you to adjust its collar more easily than the front zip wetsuit.
- The cost of back zip wetsuit is usually less than that of the front zip wetsuit.
Thus after going through the pros and cons of chest zip wetsuit and back zip wetsuit you can easily find the right type that is better for you according to your own preferences.
How to Get into a Chest Zip Wetsuit?
A stepwise method discussed here under can help you in getting into a front zip wetsuit easily.
- Open the zip to get entry into it. You can open the zip of the wetsuit just by holding it from its armpits. It will provide you a clear way to get into it.
- Now insert your feet one by one into the legs of the wetsuit and pull it up to your waist gradually from knees to upwards.
- Now you have to get your arm into the wetsuit. To make it easier you should find the non-zipped side of the wetsuit which is normally on the left side of the suit.
- Now insert your left arm into the wetsuit and pull it to your shoulder
- Now pull the zipped side of the wetsuit and insert your right hand into the opening of the right arm of the suit. It will be easier to pull the right arm of the suit to your shoulder if you lift your arm up in the air.
- Now put the additional piece of neoprene called gaiter on your head from the front of your face.
- Now put the neck seal in the zip section over your head from its back.
- Now attach the zip of the wetsuit and pull it across your chest.
- A fastening system is provided on the chest to tighten the wetsuit on the chest to seal the entry of water effectively.
Now you are ready for your favored water sport by getting into a wetsuit with zip on the chest.