HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT 5MM WETSUIT?
The thickness of a wetsuit must be given much-deserved importance, as it is the only feature of the wetsuit that offers proper safety and adequate protection to the diver. Indeed the warmer the water the thicker the wetsuit must be, and as the water gets cold, the thickness shall increase. For example, under adverse and chilling weather conditions 5mm wetsuit seems to meet all standards of safety.
Following are the situations when 5mm wetsuit makes an ideal pick:
- Temperature between 15 degree Celsius and 12 degree Celsius
Usually, at this temperature level, some individuals may pick 3-4mm. However, depending upon the time one plans to stay in the water the thickness may fluctuate. In such cases, when longer diving hours is sighted a 5mm wetsuit proves to be perfect. The wetsuit shall have a 5mm thickness around sensitive parts and 3 mm at the arms and legs area. Furthermore, one may also team it up with properly covered boots as well.
- Temperature between 12 degree Celsius and 9 degree Celsius
At this temperature, when the coldness of water tends to increase, 5mm wetsuit teamed up with boots, hood and gloves make it a comfortable outfit. Depending upon different individuals and body types, the thickness around sensitive organs may vary from 5mm to 6mm and around legs and arms may vary from 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm.
However, the confusion tends to prevail regarding the thickness, as at what temperature, what thickness one must choose. Various other factors other than weather influence the thickness criteria. These factors are:
- Individual health condition: There may be chances although a wetsuit as per the weather condition is picked; however, what if someone catches a cold too quickly, the effectiveness of the thickness may fail its purpose. This is because the level of comfort will not be achieved.
- The extent to which they may bear fluctuating weather conditions: Even if a group of people are going to explore the same weather condition where the water temperature may dip, the thickness of wetsuit may differ. The reason being, there can be an individual who is more sensitive to cold water. Hence they must go for a level up on the thickness criteria. If others are picking 5mm wetsuit, they must pick 7mm.
- The physical activity they indulge in: The individual who is high on physical activities will be able to act fast and dive away from the cold water. However, someone whose energy levels are minimal, they will take their share of time; hence they must pick higher thickness wetsuit to stay warm for long.
- Body temperature: Those who have normal body temperature may go for standard thickness. However, someone who is already cold-blooded must choose greater thickness.
- Gender: The thickness an individual body may demand will also depend on the gender of the diver. A woman diver may want a different level of protection than a man would want.
- Age: This criterion may influence the thickness, as the young may be quicker than the old may when it comes to diving away from the chilling stream of water. Hence, the later must buy a wetsuit with greater thickness.
Apart from the above factors, one may also seek assistance from the sales representative when shopping either online or at some store. However, buying from an online source will prove to be quiet beneficial.
Here are the reasons why:
- They have a wide variety: Online websites have a wide range of wetsuits. They have different brands, patterns, designs, sizes, and thickness available, ensuring the prospective customer picks the right wetsuit.
- They offer better prices: A 5mm wetsuit may be highly priced at stores and outlets, but at the same time, it may be quite reasonably priced online. The reason being they remove the mediator, and the product is directly sent from the manufacturer to the customer. Also, online sellers offer good discounts and deals now and then, thus the customer ends up paying fewer prices for the same.
- Flexible return and refund policy: Even if the wetsuit is purchased, however on trying at home, it turns out to be uncomfortable, or some sizing issue may come up. The customer may easily either get it exchanged or return it as a whole. Online shopping websites have transparent return and refund policy. If their product is not preferred, they happily accept return and initiate refund immediately.
- Shop any time: The customer may shop anytime they want to. They don’t have to wait for the store to open so that they can shop for the wetsuit.